Saturday & Sunday October 8-9, 2011
Take part in this 187-mile effort to clean up the Willamette: A river that is essential to life in Oregon. Bring your family & friends. Earn enough river-karma to last a year! Meet other river-loving enthusiasts, have fun and get an awesome, FREE EVENT T-SHIRT!
The fun does not stop there, Create Plenty is CALLING ALL ARTISTS to get crafty & participate in the International Plastic Quilt Challenge. Small plastic bits in rivers are extremely harmful to wildlife & watershed ecosystems. They also often make their way out to sea where they accumulate in oceanic gyres & persist for hundreds of years. Clean up & save your small plastic pieces & make a 12″ x 12″ square that will TOUR THE WORLD! Quilt squares must be completed by Monday Nov. 28th & turned into either Eugene/Portland REI Stores or Willamette Riverkeeper’s office.
- Great Willamatte Clean Up takes place on-water (by kayak, canoe or SUP) and on-land (by bicycle and foot).
- There are 18 different site locations throughout Oregon.
- Each location has specific recreational modes used – so make sure you sign up for the right one you are looking for.
- Some sites even offer free seats on canoes/kayaks! Reservations for them fill quickly.
- After clean up celebration in Portland. See info at bottom of page.
- BYOB = BRING YOUR OWN BOAT!
- PRINT & SIGN WAIVERS – CLICK HERE
Portland Area volunteers, please join us for an AFTER PARTY with free delicious sandwiches & sides, event t-shirts, a RAFFLE & PRIZES! All ages. Begins at 12:30pm Sat. Oct 8, 2011. Located at Bunk Bar (1028 SE Water Avenue, Portland, OR 97214).
Questions? Contact Kate Ross at 503-223-6418 or firstname.lastname@example.org.