The Wild & Scenic Film Festival comes to Oregon City, Oregon.
Join eNRG Kayaking, and We Love Clean Rivers for the Wild and Scenic Film Festival On Tour June 15th at the Oregon Trail Interpretive Center at 6pm.
The Wild & Scenic Film Festival is a collection of films from the annual festival held the third week of January in Nevada City, CA which is now in its 17th year! Wild & Scenic focuses on films which speak to the environmental concerns and celebrations of our planet.
Continue the festivities after the Film Festival by joining eNRG Kayaking for the first Full Moon Paddle of the summer! Enjoy 1.5 hours of paddling up to the Willamette Falls Locks underneath the celestial sky with the neon lights of Oregon City all around.
Wild & Scenic Film Festival
The Wild & Scenic Film Festival comes to Oregon City, Oregon: Join eNRG Kayaking and We Love Clean Rivers for the Wild and Scenic Film Festival June 15, 2019 at the End of the Oregon Trail Theater at 6pm (www.historicoregoncity.org). The Wild & Scenic Film Festival is a collection of films from the annual festival held which is now in its 17th year! Wild & Scenic focuses on films which speak to the environmental concerns and celebrations of our planet, and the individuals championing this cause.
The Wild & Scenic Film Festival was started by the watershed advocacy group, the South Yuba River Citizens League (SYRCL) in 2003. The festival’s namesake is in celebration of SYRCL’s landmark victory to receive “Wild & Scenic” status for 39 miles of the South Yuba River in 1999. With the support of National Partners: Barefoot Wine & Bubbly, CLIF Bar, Earth Justice, Klean Kanteen, Peak Design and Sierra Nevada Brewing Company, the festival reaches a larger audience.
In the second year of this festival in Oregon City, eNRG will be partnering once again with the Clackamas County Arts Alliance to offer an art competition celebrating the Willamette Falls. This competition will feature two categories—photography and painting. The winners of this competition will be announced at the festival where the art can also be viewed. Additionally, following the films and raffle, eNRG will be hosting a Full Moon Paddle which takes paddlers up to the falls under the light of the moon.
The festival is a natural extension of eNRG Kayaking’s mission of education, exploration, and stewardship as it facilitates thousands of paddling trips up to Willamette Falls each year.
The Wild & Scenic Film Festival comes to Oregon City on June 15, 2019 in celebration of the 50th anniversary of the Wild & Scenic Rivers Act. Coordinating partners: eNRG Kayaking, We Love Clean Rivers, Clackamas County Arts Alliance and End of the Oregon Trail Interpretive Center are hosting a companion art exhibit in the Visitor Center located at the Interpretive Center.
Artists of all ages and skill level are invited to submit up to three 2D artworks for consideration. Two $100 cash prizes will be awarded among the artists selected to participate in the exhibition! One winner chosen from the photography submissions selected and one from the painting
submissions selected. We seek photographs and paintings that depict or interpret the area around Willamette Falls or the Willamette, Clackamas, Tualatin or Molalla rivers.
- Application will be submitted online using Submittable and there will be a $6 submission
- Deadline to apply is Thursday, May 30, 2019;
- Each artist may submit up to three 2D artworks for consideration;
- All artists who apply will receive their choice of either
- A FREE rental from eNRG Kayaking; OR
- A ½ price voucher for a ticket to the Wild & Scenic Film Festival on June 15;
- Artists will be notified by June 5, 2019 if artwork is selected to exhibit;
- Artwork must be ready for installation: matted, framed and securely wired to safely
suspend from supplied hook devices. Framed dimensions must not exceed 11”x14”;
- Selected artists will deliver their artwork to the End of the Oregon Trail Interpretive
Center Visitor Center on Monday, June 10, 2019 between 2:00 – 3:00 pm. Artists will
hang their own work with supplied devices;
- A panel of judges will award two cash prizes of $100 from the submissions selected for
exhibition. One for photography and one for painting;
- Awards will be announced during Film Festival intermission: Saturday June 15, 7pm;
- Art selected will be on display June 10 – September 9, 2019 in the End of the Oregon
Trail Visitor Center, located at 1726 Washington Street, Oregon City;
- Artwork may be available for sale – 30% commission to the Interpretive Center;
- Artists must pick up unsold work at the End of the Oregon Trail Interpretive Center
Visitor Center on September 9, between 2:00 – 3:00 pm.