Level 2 • White Water Kayaking Instruction
WHITEWATER ADVENTURE CAMP OVERVIEW
- Whitewater Instruction
- Hardshell Kayaks & Inflatable Kayaks
- Oregon City, OR
- 9AM to 4PM
- 5 days total
- Prior paddling experience required
- Ages 10 to 14
- Weight 50-300 lbs
The next step up from Discovery Camp for those with the desire and determination to learn how to kayak. This week of white water is perfect for returning campers or those with prior paddling experience.
Early Bird Discount: $45 OFF any 2024 five day camps using Promo Code: BIRD24. Promotion ends March 31.
Hardshell Kayaks, Inflatable Kayaks
9AM to 4PM
5 days total
Ages 11 to 17
50 lbs to 300 lbs
SMALL CAMP SIZES
WHITEWATER ADVENTURE CAMP DETAILS
This five-day whitewater course is guided by the principles of kayaking technique and safety skills. Aimed towards children with prior paddling experiences and a determined desire to learn, this kayak-focused program helps teenagers extend their boundaries through drills, games, and scenarios in an outdoor setting.
We require prior paddling experience or previous enrollment in at least one, if not more, of our Level 1 Camps (Pirates Ahoy, Survival Crafts, White Water Academy).
PREPARE FOR YOUR CAMP
AFTER BOOKING: Sign online waivers and share them with your fellow party members. Waivers must be filled out by each party member on every visit.
WHAT TO BRING: Lunch, snacks, water, sunscreen, clothing that can get wet, wind/rain jacket, additional warmth layers, and a change of clothing. Please wear shoes that stay on.
WHERE TO GO: 1701 Clackamette Dr. Oregon City OR 97045.
ARRIVAL TIME: Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your start time. Parking may be limited so factor that into your arrival time.
WHAT WE PROVIDE: Instructors, craft, lifejacket, helmet, and a paddle.
OUR CAMP POLICIES
CUSTOMIZATION: Please call eNRG Kayaking at (503) 772 – 1122 for large groups or other special requests and exceptions.
RESTRICTIONS: Ages 10 – 14. Prior paddling experience required. Must be at least 50 lbs. We require prior paddling experience or previous enrollment in at least one, if not more, of our Level 1 Camps (Pirates Ahoy, Survival Crafts, White Water Academy).
WEATHER: Trips run rain or shine, except during extreme conditions including lightning, high winds, and excessive smoke onsite.
IF WE CANCEL: eNRG Kayaking reserves the right to postpone or cancel any trip due to inclement weather, under enrollment, or other unforeseen circumstances, and will issue a full refund in this instance.
IF YOU CANCEL: 21+ days notice – 75% refund, free reschedule, or voucher for paid amount. 21-0 days notice – all refund/benefits forfeited.
We do not prorate tuition for days missed due to illness, injury, or inappropriate behavior.
Lunch, snacks, water, sunscreen, clothing that can get wet, wind/rain jacket, additional warmth layers, and a change of clothing. Please wear shoes that stay on.
We will meet at our shop in Oregon City (1701 Clackamette Dr. Oregon City OR 97045). You are welcome to arrive up to 15 minutes prior to camp start/end.
eNRG Kayaking Camps are a perfect fit for families and kids who are inspired by our educational principles. This includes using paddling as a platform for self-growth and river stewardship. Our camps may NOT be a good fit for families who do not meet our goals. Campers need to be prepared to build character and resilience in a wilderness environment. Our counselors are facilitators in their experiences but campers must hold some responsibility when it comes to respecting others, their surroundings, and themselves.
eNRG Camps Are Great For Those Who Can:
● Adhere to safety instructions
● Follow group dynamics
● Take an active role in minimizing risks
● Open to cultivate outdoor curiosity
● Embrace challenges and adapt to adversity
● Engage in a world outside of phones and electronics
● Connecting with nature and fellow campers
Our Camps May Not Be The Best Fit With Kids Who:
● Are afraid of water or can’t swim
● Have short attention spans regarding coaching & instruction
● Lack interest in outdoor recreation
● Unable to handle physical and weather related issues
● Unable to communicate with peers and staff effectively when problems arise.
Be Active. Be Outdoors.
Our staff enjoy engaging with students who can share the same passion we have with paddling and have a continued desire to learn across the multiple years that they are with us. We provide stepping stones for campers with a furthered interest in sports, internships, employment opportunities, and a hobby that can last well into adulthood.
We hold a high standard for youth at eNRG Kayaking because of the immersive and active experiences they participate in. Children must understand that there is inherent risk to paddling, as with any activity, and thus trust is placed upon them to act responsibly. Any rules we have in place are to minimize said risk and to ensure all campers have a fair share of attention. This is essential for children to build their own risk awareness and leadership skills with our guidance.
It's A Team Experience
Engaging behavior is critical to creating a constructive learning environment. As such, we ask for each child and parent to acknowledge our “Code of Conduct”. Camper actions that don’t adhere to our group can be at a minimum distracting and at a maximum put the rest of the group participating in an activity at higher risk. We appreciate camper and parent participation to help kids explore the results of real world choices and experiences.
Camper participation includes:
● Being respectful to others, the equipment, and the environment
● Staying attentive to follow rules and boundaries
● Actively applying my skills to keep myself safe
● Notifying instructors or staff as soon as possible if I see something wrong, someone that is hurt, or a dangerous situation.
● Acknowledging that, while paddling is mostly an individual sport, there are team elements required to maintain a safe environment.
Before rules are broken, counselors will:
● Have daily group meetings at the beginning/end of camp to provide positive and constructive feedback
● Communicate with parents during pickup regarding summarizing the day.
● Be proactive using conversations and redirection to prevent rules from being broken in the first place.
If rules are broken:
● Minor offense: If a camper exhibits behavior disruptive to camp function, then a verbal warning and timeout may be issued.
● Repeated minor offenses: In the event that this behavior continues, then a guardian will be notified at the end of the day.
● Major offense: After a participant exhibits disruptive behavior that puts the safety of themselves or others at risk, then a guardian may have to swiftly respond for early pickup.
● Repeated major offenses: If this behavior continues or poses a severe safety risk (Regardless of if prior offenses were noted), then this camper will be removed from the rest of camp (No refunds/credit).
While we rarely kick people out of camp, these guidelines will help us have a great week together, and set campers up for success in paddling and in life! Thank you!
Trips run rain or shine, except during extreme conditions including lightning, high winds, and excessive smoke onsite.
It is difficult to fill a spot vacated at the last moment. For this reason, we offer a 75% refund with 21+ days notice or voucher with credit for the paid amount. Less than 21-0 days notice means all refund/benefits will be forfeited. We do not prorate tuition for days missed due to illness, injury, or inappropriate behavior.
eNRG Kayaking reserves the right to postpone or cancel any trip due to inclement weather, under enrollment, or other unforeseen circumstances, and will issue a full refund in this instance.
We pride ourselves in offering high quality instruction. For this reason, our lead guides have ACA instructor certifications, First Aid, CPR, and Swift Rescue skills.